I admit it. I am a writing procrastinator. Like many others out there, I dream of being a writer, an author, a novelist. This has been a dream since before I could remember. My only problem….I don’t write. I used to, back in high school, when boredom of the classroom inspired pages of fiction that transported me out of the dregs of class and into alternate realities.
I tell myself I don’t have the time, that I have to do this or the other but really…I do have the time. I have loads of time. I’ve let the fear and inner critique beat me into submission. Too scared to put pen to paper or text to screen. What I fear even more is that I have lost my imagination and creativity. No longer do I daydream scenarios and scenes, instead I daydream about other people’s characters (from tv shows, novels etc).
In a bid to raise some much needed motivation and inspiration I have been looking around the web at articles, blogs, websites etc. I intend to post a handful here every now and then when I find some gems or articles that have touched me in some way.
Hopefully, others may find some of these helpful too and if not then at least I have the links for myself for when I want to look back on them.
- Fear as a writing prompt – how to use fear to help you write.
- Giving life to your fiction – Why create conflict in your fiction…because bad decisions make good stories.
- Rowling’s Outline and Book Architecture – using book architecture to write your story.
- You want to write or you want to be a writer – an inspirational little article.
- Blueprint your bestseller – by Stuart Horwitz. How to about book architecture.